Your fancy new card just arrived in the mail, and you’re itching to break it in. But wait, there’s one last step to take: activating.
Most major credit card issuers make it pretty easy for you to activate a credit card online or by phone. Here’s an issuer-by-issuer breakdown on how to activate and use your new card.
Jump to issuer-specific instructions with the table below, or read on for a bit of background information on credit card activation.
Activating a New Credit Card
When you apply for a new card and are accepted, you’ll usually receive the physical card via standard mail within 7–10 days.
It can sometimes arrive sooner, and you may be able to request expedited shipping from the card issuer. If one of your credit cards is lost or stolen and you request a new one, you’ll need to activate that card once you receive it.
Most of the time, your credit card will arrive in a nondescript white envelope (standard or large), with a sticker on the front of the card showing you a phone number and potentially a website for activating.
After activating online or by phone, your new card will usually be ready for use immediately.
Take note that your account is probably open even if you don’t activate your card, because when applying you usually agree that you want the account if approved.
Information to Have When Activating a Credit Card
You may need to have the following pieces of information handy when you call or go online to activate a credit card:
- Your credit card number
- The security code on the front or back of your card (often called the card identification number (CID) or card verification value (CVV))
- Full name, Social Security number, zip code, and/or date of birth
- Your account number with the issuer (if different than the card number; not usually necessary)
The information you’ll need varies by issuer, and can depend on whether you already have another account with the company as well (you may need to confirm less information if you’re logged in to your account).
If you’re calling to activate a new card, call from the phone number associated with your credit card account to avoid having to provide additional information.
American Express allows you to activate your new Amex credit card by:
Activating a Corporate Amex Card
Activating a Prepaid Amex Card
Activating an Amex Gift Card
If your American Express gift card requires activation, follow the instructions on the card. Amex recommends that you note the following information in case your gift card is lost or stolen:
- Gift card number
- Four-digit Card Identification Code (CID) on the front of the card
- Three-digit Card Security Code (CSC) on the back of the card
- Customer service phone number
Bank of America
To activate a Bank of America credit card:
- Sign in to your existing BofA online banking account or enroll in a new account on the BofA website
- Download or log in to the Bank of America mobile banking app on iOS or Android
- Call BofA’s credit card activation line at 1-800-276-9939
You can activate a Barclays credit card in two ways:
You can activate your Capital One credit card by:
Most Chase credit cards are on the Visa network, but you can activate any of them online or by phone:
You can activate your Citi credit card:
You can only activate Credit One credit cards by:
- Calling the phone number on the sticker on the front of the card; Credit One’s website indicates you must activate your card within 14 days of receiving it
Credit One’s general customer service number is 1-877-825-3242.
We don’t usually recommend using Credit One credit cards, as they tend to have high fees and we’ve received many complaints about poor customer support. Don’t get Credit One confused with Capital One!
Like many issuers, you can activate a Discover credit card in a few ways:
- Online (we’re currently unable to link directly to the Discover website)
- Calling the number on the sticker on the front of the card from the phone number associated with your account
- Calling 1-800-347-2683
- Call the number on the sticker on the front of the card
You can also reach Indigo’s customer service department at 1-866-946-9545.
To activate your USAA credit card:
Activate your Wells Fargo credit card by:
Activating a New Credit Card in Your Mobile Wallet
Sometimes if you’re replacing a credit card that is already in your mobile wallet, the new card may automatically appear there (where it can be used for purchases) even before you receive your new physical card.
What If I Don’t Receive My New Credit Card?
If you’ve been approved for a new credit card and haven’t received it after about 21 days, you should contact your credit card issuer to ensure it hasn’t been activated by someone else who is using your card to commit fraud.
It may have also been lost in the mail, so the company might need to issue you another card.
Getting a New Credit Card
Some additional things to know about getting a new card:
Ready to learn more about credit and credit cards? Find more topics like this in the Insider Academy.