Advertiser Disclosure: This site is part of affiliate sales networks and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
2021.3 Update: The new offer is 70k. Offer ends on 2021.04.28.
- 70k offer: earn 70,000 Delta Miles after spending $2,000 in first 3 months. This is the best offer in recent history.
- We value Delta Miles at 1.3 cents/mile (Airline Miles Value). So the 70k highest welcome offer is worth about $910! See A Beginner’s Guide to Delta Miles to check for details about Delta Miles.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and Delta purchases; 1 mile per $1 on other purchases.
- Earn a $100 Delta Flight Credit if you spend $10,000 in a calendar year.
- First checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Priority boarding on Delta flights.
- 20% savings on in–flight foods and entertainment.
- With this credit card, you can get access to Amex Offers, which often offers very good discounts at some stores. In the past we have seen offers like: Spend $15 or more and get $5 back at Walmart; Spend $75 or more and get $25 back on Amazon.com.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Refer a friend: You can earn 10,000 bonus Delta miles for every approved account you refer, up to 55,000 Delta miles per calendar year.
- $99 annual fee, but waived for the first year.
Recommended Application Time
- You can only get the welcome bonus once in a lifetime, so be sure to apply when the historical highest offer appears.
- AmEx doesn’t care about the number of hard pulls.
- You can try to apply for it when you have a credit history of 6 months.
- Only 2 AmEx credit cards can be approved within 90 days, but this rule does not apply to charge cards. Multiple cards approved in the same day will only have one Hard Pull.
- You can keep at most 5 AmEx credit cards, but this rule does not apply to charge cards.
Delta does not publish an award chart which makes this valuation a bit difficult. However, if you fly Delta a lot/have a particular redemption in mind, this is a very good welcome bonus! The earning rate for everyday spending is not very impressive, but if you fly Delta a lot you may find some of the benefits useful.
Related Credit Cards
Recommended Downgrade Options
- Click here to check AmEx application status.
- AmEx reconsideration backdoor number: 877-399-3083. The “real” backdoor number of Amex is well protected. Different from Chase, the representatives from this AmEx reconsideration backdoor number only have the right to help you submit requests.
Historical Offers Chart