Specialist insurer Beazley has launched a suite of contingency policies to provide media producers and production companies coverage against a range of risks that can cause productions to be delayed or called off.
Beazley’s film production offering can cover various content and channels, including feature films, television, animation, photographic shoots and commercials. It provides coverage for:
- Cast members
- If production is prevented or interrupted due to injury, sickness, death, bereavement or kidnapping
- Faulty media, cameras, recording equipment, developing, editing or processing
- Corruption of content on digital media
- Erasure of content and exposure of film to light
- Extra expense (for example, damage or breakdown of property, facilities, or equipment)
- Employers’ liability
- Public liability
- Products liability
- Death and disgrace
The new policies, available worldwide, complement Beazley’s existing offering for the media and entertainment industries.
Read more: Beazley reveals extent of COVID-19 hit
“As well as being an incredibly creative process, media production involves teams and individuals who are highly skilled in planning, managing and delivering projects against budget and tight deadlines and in often challenging circumstances,” said Alex Clegg, contingency underwriter at Beazley. “In today’s environment, there are many potential mishaps that could cause production to be interrupted, postponed, or canceled – from cast members being unavailable, to damage to property or data loss. Beazley’s film production policy suite has been designed to give content providers the confidence and protection they need to focus on what they do best – making movies and great content.”