2021.1 Update: The new offer is 100k+$100, which is the best ever offer on this card!
2020.7 Update: The 75k+$100 offer is expired. The current offer is 100k.
- 100k+$100 offer: earn $100 after making the first purchase, and earn 100,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months. This is the best offer in recent history.
- We value Hilton Honors Point at 0.4 cents/point (Hotel Points Value), click here to see how many points are required for a free night. Therefore, the 100k +$100 highest welcome offer is worth about $500.
- Earn 7 Hilton Honors points per $1 spent on hotel stays within Hilton Portfolio; 5 points on US restaurants, US supermarkets, and US gas stations; 3 points on other purchases.
- Complimentary Hilton Silver status for the cardholder. Upgrade to Hilton Gold status when you make $20,000 or more in purchases each calendar year.
- No annual fee! This is quite rare in hotel credit cards.
- With this credit card, you can get access to Amex Offers, which often offers very good discounts at some stores. In the past we have seen offers like: Spend $15 or more and get $5 back at Walmart; Spend $75 or more and get $25 back on Amazon.com.
- Refer a friend: You can earn 10,000 bonus Hilton points for every approved account you refer, up to 80,000 Hilton Points per calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- The 5x bonus categories are limited within the United States.
Recommended Application Time
- Note that AmEx has a policy: If you currently or have previously held a specific AmEx credit card, you will not be eligible for the welcome bonus offer. So if you want to squeeze the highest rewards from credit cards, you should apply for the welcome offer first, and then take the upgrade offer, and then possibly go on upgrading/downgrading.
- You can only get the welcome bonus once in a lifetime, so be sure to apply when the historical highest offer appears.
- AmEx doesn’t tend to care about the number of hard pulls.
- You should try to apply for it once you have a credit history of 6 months.
- Only 2 AmEx credit cards can be approved within 90 days, but this rule does not apply to charge cards. Multiple cards approved in the same day will only have one Hard Pull.
- You can keep at most 5 AmEx credit cards, but this rule does not apply to charge cards.
The sign-up bonus is decent, so it’s worth applying. Because it has no annual fee, it is a good downgrading option, and there’s no harm to keep for long time. You may also see good upgrade offers on this card from time to time.
Related Credit Cards
- Click here to check AmEx application status.
- AmEx reconsideration backdoor number: 877-399-3083. The “real” backdoor number of Amex is well protected. Different from Chase, the representatives from this AmEx reconsideration backdoor number only have the right to help you submit requests.
Historical Offers Chart